In this workshop I teach employees mindfulness-based stress reduction to help them improve their mental wellness. Employees are describing the pandemic as the most stressful time in their professional careers. From getting pay cuts, experiencing financial stress, and seeing loved ones being sick to the challenges of juggling remote work with home responsibilities, the coronavirus pandemic has taken a toll on people’s mental and physical health. I find this crucial currently to focus on the mental health needs of the people and offer them support for their mental wellbeing. As a mindfulness educator, in this workshop, I teach mindfulness-based techniques that employees can immediately apply to their lives to cope with stressful situations, lower anxiety, low mood and will help them improve their productivity at work and home. It will also help employees build a supportive environment at home by addressing the mental health needs of their family members.
Why is a wellness program for employees important?
Research shows that companies offering workplace health and wellness programs are increasing worldwide. Research shows that one area of particular interest for organizations is aligning wellness programs with employee productivity. According to the Go365 Five-Year Study, employees who are highly engaged in the wellness and rewards program over several years are more productive, with fewer unhealthy days.
The Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine published a study, Improving Employee Productivity Through Improved Mental Health, in which employees participating in wellness programs made lifestyle changes that saved their companies about $353 in productivity per person annually. The study found that employees who successfully improved their lifestyle and focused on healthcare and mental health gained 10.3 hours in additional productive time annually, compared with similar but non-participating employees.
Your organizations will benefit similarly by introducing such wellness programs for the employees. This wellness workshop will improve employee mental health and productivity and have direct benefits for your company.
This is a 90-minute virtual workshop divided into two parts with a 10-minute break in between.
Employees of all levels can participate in this. It will teach practical strategies that employees can apply to their work and lives in general.
What Employees Will Learn:
Part 1 – 40 minutes
- Introduction to Mindfulness-based stress reduction and its relevance in a work environment.
- How to restore mental wellness using five key mindfulness strategies.
- Mindfulness techniques to walk away from stress.
- Daily habits to ease an anxious mind.
- Key strategies to improve focus and productivity.
- Simple joy practices to change your day and be a happier blueprint.
- How to influence your mindset towards a happier life.
Part 2 – 40 Minutes
- Importance of building a supportive environment at work and home.
- Mindful things to do when you are home.
- Uncover the joy in relationships.
- Helping children through summer and learning.
- Screen-time for children and mental wellbeing strategies that can help kids.
- How to help yourself and family members create resiliency.
- Strategies to continue supporting your mental wellbeing and of your loved ones.